Monday, August 4, 2008

Map of the Kenai Peninsula Area Alaska

If you have never been to Alaska my first question was "Where are all the roads?" After you leave Anchorage there seems to be only a few roads. There are these amazing mountains off in the distance and I ask my friend how you get there, he says you don't. Ok, thats weird, no roads, there are mosquitoes, oh did I type that, I meant really little puddle jumping planes going everywhere, thats how you get to some of those places. Anyway heres a map of where I went,

stayed in Soldotna and fished the Moose and Kenai rivers for King Salmon and Red (sockeye) Salmon. We went down to Homer-Halibut Fishing Capital of the World- and fished Halibut Cove, Jakeloff Bay, Seldovia, Kachemak Bay and around those areas for Halibut.



This is one of the few days I was there it was actually almost warm enough to wear my Gone Fishin Club shirt without a coat or rainsuit or both, truthfully I took the jacket off, took this and put it back on, it was around 55 there while in my neck of the woods at home it was around 102. I'll take the 55 with a jacket.


ok, thats it for this one, keep watching, more to come.

Oh did I mention you can buy the Gone Fishin Club shirts on Ebay sometimes,

Happy Hookin and Tight----Lines Gary

No comments: